Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Searching For Peace

Before I begin here is a shamless plug. Last night The Muse Behind The Mask was updated with the interview staring Things With Wings and Other Things. Please stop over it is a great interview that I am sure many people will relate too!


"Year by year the complexities of this world grow more bewildering, and so each year we need all the more to seek peace and comfort in joyful simplicities." Anom


Lately I have this anxiety that is building in my gut. By lately I mean the last 6 months. I can't seem to find the calm or even a little relaxing nook in the depths of my mind. My brain is constantly racing and it will not let me have a break. I find myself in a constant search for peace, relaxation, balance, and stillness. I don't even know where to start. I wake up everyday with angst and uneasiness and end my day exhausted and regretful. All I want is a little break a little bit of time to ease my mind, alas; I don't see an end in sight. I want to simplify without giving up the things I love. And the things I love are the things I need. I know the solution but I can't seem to get there and I guess necessity rules a tight jurisdiction over simplicity.

I look at the little bonsai tree sitting on my desk. It turns and weaves in such a smooth easy serpent like way. The little tree stands tall and proud very sure of the direction it is taking, never unyielding, and never in a hurry. To me this tree is peace and I want to be the tree.



This little Aceo isn't finished I still have a little background work to do on it. This uneasiness in my life has left it very hard for me to paint or draw. I have been crafting in different ways but I miss my true love my fine art. I just have to get in the zone again. I have been seeing so much inspiration and my fellow artists excelling that I know I have to step it up.

The good news is I have written the first 20 pages of my book. YIPPY. Of course this is the first draft with many many revisions to go but I think I am on to something here.

Unfortunately I might be scarce the next couple of weeks as I have my brother's wedding shower this weekend and then the CRUISE the next weekend AND THEN my brother's wedding the weekend after that. I will try to touch base here and there but I will be a busy girl. I just want to relax.
Talk to you all soon.
Smooches,
Steph

4 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in to say hello!

SpOOky Hugs,
Chris (-:

Pease Porridge said...

You are so young, with so many twists and turns to go.

Jennifer

Connie said...

I pray for you daily. I hope you find the peace you are searching for. I relate to that anxiety you spoke of - I fight with it even now that I know better. Sounds like you have some really fun events to tend to. Have a great time with it all. Thanks for the great job you did on our interview. We so much appreciate it. You are so special.

Pease Porridge said...

I hope you win the 'babes' too! Have fun with all your events coming up!
Jennifer

badge for mixed media art

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Lovely Blog Award

Lovely Blog Award
Lisa,Gina, Jenny (you ladies rock)

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette
Chris (CK)

Gail Lackey Award

Gail Lackey Award
Thank You Gail! and MISS P

Amazing Friendship

Amazing Friendship
Fannie

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Fannie

Awards <3 blog

Awards <3 blog
Fannie

Award Kreative

Award Kreative
Fannie

Who Is Visiting

Counter


View My Stats

Layout