Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I can't say today it overly happy… I know I know why so glum. Well if you lived in the Northeast you would certainly know why. I don't know what the precipitation is out there but let me tell you we are building a preverbal ice rink. BUMMMERRRR. And the worst part is I still have to be at work.
So along with my Etsy reopening very very soon I thought I would start another little something something to add some structure to my life. (insert sarcastic laugh). Every Wednesday I am calling ACEO Hump Day. Just to make everyone blush. I am sure you get the jest by the title that every Wednesday there will be a little original ACEO waiting here for all to see. They will later be shipped over to my Etsy shop where lovelies like you can purchase them!
I encourage anyone and everyone to join in on the fun on ACEO Hump Day! Sometimes by midweek I find it hard to motivate myself to make a full painting so a little one is much more manageable. That and I thought it would add a nice flare to My Etsy. If you are interested in joining just shoot me a little message and I will put a link on my blog of those who participate. If you rather just look... THAT IS AWESOME TOO!
Onward, upward, and award? Yes haha, I tried to sneak it in. I receive a wonderful award from my dear cat saving friend over at Wonders of Whimsy, JENNY! As you can tell by her loyal following Jenny offers a lot more than just crafts/art. She offers a friendship and kindness that just beats the snot out of anything you can put a price on.
'This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers' aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!'
So this award I find very special (although all award are special) I just love the meaning behind it. And of course the person who passed it to me. This is a hard one to pass on as you are supposed to send it over the 8 people…. This is tough to pick 8 people when there have been so many new friendships I have made as a result of blogland. So without further adue. And I know how a usually give a little intro to each person.. Give me a break there are 8 people it will take all day HAHA.. Not that I love them any less.
Cat Nappin Primitives, Hot Tamale Art Studio, Fannie Narte, Amariah Rauscher, Gail Lackey, LL Creations, Sherry, Azul Valentina. These women embody all that is right in the world. Please stop over if you already haven't and take a peak into their world.
Alright off to a well not so lovely day of bad weather and bad other things.. Hate to be pessamistic, but like I always so one day I will get to tell you all the underlying cause of all my angst. What is holding me back from being 100% happy. One day you will all know.. but again not the time or the place!
Monday, January 5, 2009
This weekend went okay ... just okay ... I hope my week it a little more lively, although I am not going to bet the farm on it. I am going to be scheduling an appointment for our engagement photos!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to show everyone.
So when I came back this weekend I found a LOVELY suprise waiting for me from the LOVELY Azul Valentina (don't you just love the last name). Her work is just so darn cute and have a little mysteriousness to them.. alluring... Thank you Azul!
And here are my five addictions:
1. Well I think a safe bet would be art. I live it, dream it, and even eat it (I like my food to look creative)
2. Make-up.. haha I even paint my face! It just relaxes me in the morning
3. 50's style clothing, attitude, and apperances. How can you beat it! I really think I was suppose to be around in that era.
4. HALLOWEEEN and that goes for anything dark, or whismy goth too. Just love it. Best holiday best feeling!
5. Horror movies. I love being scared. I know can we say dork. I have a huge collection about 50 DVD's of all different horror movies. The only movies I own that aren't horror are the series "That Girl" with Marlo Thomas.. HAHA I told you I like old...
I want to pass this along to five SUPERLICIOUS bloggers that I just can't seem to get enough of!:
1. The unbelievable generous Jenny of Wonders of Whimsy, please check out her alley cat rescue blog. Talk about tugging at your heart strings. Thank You Jenny!
2. Come on down Amariah of Amariah Rauscher. Who doesn't love a dose of candor and great illustrations! Rock on sister. Your newphew is soooooo darn cute!
3. The Ladies of Things With Wings and Paper Prayers! CONGRATS ON OPENING YOUR FIRST ETSY STORE. Bloggers. please please please go check out their blog and head over to Etsy. Their work it funky with an awesome message.
4. The goddess with a gift Ms. Fannie of Fannie Narte. Fannie has been helping me fly since my very first post (EVER) and for that I think she is super fabulous!
5. The master of macabre Mr. Chris of Designs by CK. And did you know Chris went Dot Com! Hurry over he has some awesome new pieces!
Alright folks. I must be on my way. Big smooches and hugs for Monday!
Please stay tuned while we turn to our original broadcast....
badge for mixed media art
- ▼ 2009 (47)
- ► 2008 (93)