Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm not crazy, just a little bit NUTS!

Sooo… For pretty much my entire life I have been obsessed with old/vintage everything. Having an older Mom I was told stories of how glamorous and classy the ladies of the 50's were. How women were women kinda deal. As I got older I grew a healthy love for the one and only queen of swagger Marilyn Monroe. In 11th grade Regents standardized testing we were asked to write a full length essay on the topic of: If you could bring one person back from history who would it be and why. While other kids where bringing back Lincoln, JFK, Martin Luther King Jr., and this list of the righteous goes on, I brought Marilyn.

So call me crazy but now that I am significantly older and follow my 'own rules' I really want to emulate the ladies that I idolized. SOOOOOOOOO… you will be the first people to know (besides my mom) that I am trying to buy all 50's vintage clothing and will then be donating most of my current clothing. I know a little crazy and something that won't happen over night, but I feel I am pretty resolute on the decision. With all this said if any of you know of any places were I can pick up some great 50's grab on the cheap I would LOOOOOVEEEEE the link as the clothes are very hard to find!

To go vintage I thought I would do a tribute piece to the "big eyes". With the time change I can't help feel that winter is at our back door. We had a few flurries last week but it never amounted to anything. I know a lot of you already had accumulation! My little girl here is ready for whatever kind of weather mother nature will throw her way.




I am soooo behind on art!!!!!!!!! YA… and I am getting a tad stressed because I have to start making Christmas gifts and that won't leave much time for crafting for sales. How is a girl to work it all in! I am getting a little anxious. I think I am going to choose an upcoming weekend to just bang out all the Christmas gifts so I can concentrate on saleable crafts. The only problem is some of the crafts are knitting (not something I can do over night).. AHHHHH Time give me a break!

I won't keep you forever because I know you all are in the same boat as me. Enjoy you Tuesday and I will talk to you Wednesday!

Smooches!
Steph

3 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

Vintage ay? Denver has a big Vintage 50's style. Off Broadway outside of town are a couple of cool ALL vintage clothes, dishes, knicknacks and furniture. So, if you are ever in Denver. You gotta check em out. I am not sure they have a website. I can look for ya.

I have tons to knit as well, but I have decided not to knit gifts this year...Just stuff for myself. I gave scarves and purses and such for the last 3 years. Now I get to make the girls dolls instead.

I have not done any crafting yet today...cleaned a little, that is a start..lol

TTYL~

Jenny

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi there, I just found your blog on Wonders of Whimsy and just love your blog and your quirkyness.I just purchased your kitty trick or trick or treat painting...will have to wait till next year to use it..but I love kittys and this will look great will all of my other goodies next year...can't wait to see what more you make...love all of your stuff..so thank you..you are added to my favorites list and will check you daily...:)
Gina :)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

I still can't believe X-mas is right around the corner...it will be here before you know it!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! LOL '-P)

Chris

badge for mixed media art

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Lovely Blog Award

Lovely Blog Award
Lisa,Gina, Jenny (you ladies rock)

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette
Chris (CK)

Gail Lackey Award

Gail Lackey Award
Thank You Gail! and MISS P

Amazing Friendship

Amazing Friendship
Fannie

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Fannie

Awards <3 blog

Awards <3 blog
Fannie

Award Kreative

Award Kreative
Fannie

Who Is Visiting

Counter


View My Stats

Layout