Friday, August 1, 2008


I never thought I would be so happy for Friday to roll around. Okay well I say that every Friday but it is always true! Last night I didn't do a paper doll painting, but I did attend a 1 stroke painting class with my mom. I will put up a photo of what we did soon. SOOOO cute I loved it, we did a little snowman on a glass plate. The class was fun and it was nice to do something different and take a little break.

Lately I have been doing some real soul searching regarding my career. I have a degree in Public Communication and I do well with it, but I just know that isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. I think I am going to go back and get my art teaching degree. Might be a long process but if you aren't happy doing what you are doing than why do it! Life is way to short not to have fun and first and foremost be happy! You only go around once. For my visitors today, was there any big career change that you took or large move in your life that you did to make you a happier person? Let me know I am interested. When we stop changing we stop learning.

The panting above I did on Wednesday. This went along with my Travel painting. I saw the papers and thought they meshed nice together. I myself am not a beach person. Really not a beach person at all I much rather be in the mountain on a cool crisp fall day. As you continue to stay with me and read my entries you will definitely notice I am 100% head over heels in love with Fall and Halloween. They give me inspiration and make me happy! What are some things that make you happy?

Tip of the day:
1 stroke painting. If you haven't tried it, try it. Take a class they host them everywhere. If you always felt like you had no painting talent and the stick figure was your best friend this will change your mind. I was a skeptic since I have been painting the majority of my life, but it was fun and was a bit of a challenge. All different techniques. Plus, this little guys you can bang out in about an hour and they make GREAT gifts. If you try it let me know what you think.

No comments:

badge for mixed media art

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Lovely Blog Award

Lovely Blog Award
Lisa,Gina, Jenny (you ladies rock)

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette
Chris (CK)

Gail Lackey Award

Gail Lackey Award
Thank You Gail! and MISS P

Amazing Friendship

Amazing Friendship
Fannie

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Fannie

Awards <3 blog

Awards <3 blog
Fannie

Award Kreative

Award Kreative
Fannie

Who Is Visiting

Counter


View My Stats

Layout